Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I hate to see you go...

We had house guests this past weekend. Our dear friends, Stephen and Gracie, are relocating to Virginia so they stayed with us for a few days while the movers emptied out their house. They were busy packing their house up during the day but we got to spend some time together in the evenings. We played a mean game of sequence (girls rule!) watched some old episodes of King of Queens, went to little Julio's baseball game,roasted marshmallows over the firepit and of course we ate a lot. I miss them already.... They were one of our first friends out here in AZ. I remember the first day I met them at church. They were so gracious and invited us over for lunch that same day. I thought they were the sweetest newlyweds ever and it was so nice of them to invite us over the first day we met. I know the Lord will bless them in Virginia but I will be missing them over here! And I will miss seeing little Clara's sweet smile on Sunday mornings....


I knit Clara a little hat. I made Gracie a matching one and Stephen got a manly navy blue hat. Isn't she the sweetest!



I got to babysit her for a few hours yesterday. She was getting hungry at this point so she looks a little concerned in this picture. She was probably wondering "is my mama ever coming back or am I gonna be stuck with this crazy lady?"




On another note.... We had a little excitement in the garage Monday night! Julio found a scorpion in the garage and squashed it with a shoe. It was no ordinary scorpion. It was the mother of all scorpions!! It was huge!!



To give you an idea of how big it was, here is a picture of it next to my husbands hand.




It was dusk and we were all playing in the front yard. Julio was walking through the garage barefoot when he saw it. Michaela and I had just been through there a minute before and Michaela was barefoot too!!! I'm so glad he saw it and nobody got stung!!! No more barefeet in the dark garage!!!!!!


Love you all,
Mar

2 comments:

Kecia said...

I'm sure your friends will be missing you too...You ara an amazing friend!!
Look at the size of that thing!!!Jesus!!Thank God Julio could see it in time... Walking barefoot even in home can be dangerous!!!

Stephen and Gracie said...

We'll be missing you guys to Mar!!! Thanks for being such an awesome friend!!! Staying with you guys those last days was such a treat and so much fun!

We're in Kansas now. The first two legs of the trip have gone quite well!

We'll be lookin' for the Virginia job for Julio!!!