Monday, June 16, 2008

The Measure of a Man

Since Father's Day has passed and I have been thinking about what a wonderful husband I have I thought I'd share a few thoughts with you.

The top ten reasons I love my husband:

1. I love how I feel protected whenever I am with him. I know he will stop at nothing to keep his family safe.

2. I love how he makes me laugh, a lot!

3. I love that he is not afraid to cry. I love how he gets all teary eyed when he reads a card from the kids and how he cries during the worship meeting at church when he gets up to talk about the Lord.

4. I love how he never gets into the buffet line until everyone has passed through at least once. He says it's because he can take as much as he wants and not have to worry if there is enough food, but I know it's because he always puts others before himself.

5. I love how we call eachother Muchach without even realizing it and how sometimes people get confused and ask "what's her name??"

6. I love how he will never make a major decision regarding our family without praying and asking the Lord for guidance.

7. I love how he wrestles with the kids when he gets home.

8. I love how he can strike up a conversation and become fast friends with a total stranger no matter where we are.

9. I love that he is not ashamed of Christ! Anyone that meets him knows that he is a christian and if they are not believers he will make sure that they hear the gospel or at least get a tract before they leave.

10. And finally, I love the way he loves me!

I could give you many more reasons but I thought I'd keep it short. I am truly blessed to have Julio in my life and I am so grateful that the Lord brought us together at such a young age. People sometimes ask me if I regret getting married so young and if I knew then what I know now would I still have gotten married? My answer is I have never regretted marrying Julio and even though we have been through many hard times they have only made our marraige stronger. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!!

I love you forever, Muchach!

No comments: